Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understanding of the different objectives and steps of an advocacy strategy
- Ability to analyse a context in order to design an advocacy strategy
- Capacity to design an advocacy strategy using tools and methods seen in class.
Around 50 hours of work for the whole course, including:
• Approximately 20 hours of face-to-face teaching (lectures, group work)
• Approximately 30 hours of self-study time (readings, reflexive analysis)
Structure of the course
• Concept clarification, limits and constraints of advocacy
• Step by Step approach for advocacy
• Stakeholder mapping
• Group work on case studies
• Practical experiences of advocacy experts
• Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies in advocacy.
• Professionals working in the communication, advocacy or journalism fields who wish to gain specific knowledge of humanitarian advocacy before changing their professional career towards humanitarian action.
• Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a postgraduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Scanned copy of passport
- A passport photo (.jpg format).
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- Dates 26 - 30 April, 2021
- Duration One week
- Location Geneva
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'500
- Application Deadline 2 weeks before the start of the course. For candidates who need a VISA: 6 weeks before the start of the course.