By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Define concepts related to health systems and the six building blocks of the WHO framework
• Assess the main characteristics of humanitarian health interventions and relate them to health system
challenges in various areas: financing, human resources, health information system, governance,
service delivery and technology
• Apply the health system assessment guideline tool in order to translate a local situation analysis into
concrete humanitarian interventions
Teaching will be through a mixture of interactive lectures, case studies, discussions, and group and
individual exercises. At the end of the week, participants will deliver a group presentation based on a
real case study.
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
- Dates 21 - 25 June, 2021
- Duration One week
- Location Geneva
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'500
- Application Deadline 2 weeks before the start of the course. For candidates who need a VISA: 6 weeks before the start of the course.