At the end of the course, you will be able to manage a project following the Result-Based Management approach.
More specifically you will be able to:
- understand the aim and process of an assessment and conduct a problem analysis using the problem tree
- plan a project and its monitoring system using the logical framework
- program activities using the PERT (Performance and Evaluation Review Technique), Gantt chart and table of resources
- monitor activities, results and situation
- understand the differences between monitoring and evaluation as well as position yourself as a project manager during an evaluation.
The course is composed of online modules, live group sessions and individual follow-ups.
The emphasis is put on practice and experience sharing. You will work on a case study to build a project as we go through the various phases of the project cycle. You will benefit from group and individuals support. You will also have the opportunity to discuss about and reflect on your own practice.
- Junior and middle humanitarian project managers (1-3 years of experience in such position)
- Managers willing to join the humanitarian sector and in need of understanding the specificity of project management in this field.
- Dates 19 October to 26 November, 2020 or 19-30 October, 2020
- Duration Six weeks (P/T) or Two weeks (P/T)
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'500 (6 weeks) or CHF 750 (2 weeks)
- Application Deadline One week before the start of the course.