Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Understand the aim and process of an assessment and conduct a problem analysis using the problem tree
• Plan a project and its monitoring system using the logical framework
• Program activities using the Performance and Evaluation Review Technique, Gantt chart and table of resources
• Monitor activities, results, and risks
• Understand the differences between monitoring and evaluation as well as your role as a project manager
Around 50 hours of work over five weeks, including:
- E-learning courses
- Synchronous live sessions
- Individual and group work: readings, case studies, reflexive analysis, forum discussions, etc.
- Individual coaching/follow-up.
Structure of the course
- Introduction to project cycle management
- Aim and process of an assessment
- Problem analysis
- Planning: RBM and ToC approaches
- Building a logical framework
- Building plans
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies in project management and reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from any other sectors (private, academic, etc.) and graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience who wish to increase their understanding of project management in the humanitarian field.
Course participants can contact the course director only to ask for information about the course and its programme. Please visit this page for other questions related to the application process or administrative issues.
- A university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- At least three years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent command of English
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Proof of English language competence (TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent); see details here
- Scanned copy of passport.
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- Dates 20 February - 24 March 2023
- Duration 5 weeks
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 1 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1,700
- Application Deadline 29 January 2023
- If applying for a scholarship Deadline: Scholarships are not available for this course.