Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Advocate for sexual and reproductive health in emergencies
- Describe how an emergency situation, caused by for example conflict or disaster, affects reproductive health needs
- Apply core concepts and techniques provided in the Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) for SRH in Crises
- Apply coordination skills for the implementation of the MISP
- Draw implications for addressing SRH for communities in crisis in their own country context.
Around 50 hours of work for the whole course, including:
• Approximately 20 hours of face-to-face teaching (lectures, group work, etc.)
• Approximately 30 hours of self-study time
Structure of the course
- Overview and coordination of SRH in crisis
- Communication and advocacy
- Gender-based violence
- Coordinating maternal and newborn health
- Family planning
- HIV prevention and programming
- Coordinating abortion care
- Logistics, monitoring and evaluation
- Professionals in the health sector in humanitarian or development contexts looking to develop their competencies in sexual and reproductive health.
- Professionals from other sectors such as logistics and management who wish to increase their understanding of how to coordinate sexual and reproductive health programmes.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a postgraduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Proof of English language competence (TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent); see details here
- Scanned copy of passport.
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- Dates 4 - 15 September 2023
- Duration Two weeks
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'700
- Application Deadline 13 August 2023
- If applying for a scholarship Deadline: Scholarships are not available for this course.