At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the phenomenon of sexual violence in conflict and emergencies;
- Identify and assess the extent and causes of sexual violence in a specific context;
- Conceive a programme centred on victims/survivors of sexual violence.
- Core concepts
- Introduction to a Survivor-Centered Approach
- Ethics and methods of data-gathering
- Sexual Violence Against Men and Boys
- Medical Care
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
- Access to Justice
- Mid-level and senior managers currently working directly with victims/survivors of sexual violence, or providing technical advice to or supervision of such programmes.
- Other participants with relevant experience and expertise may be accepted if space is available.
- Staff of MSF and ICRC may join for a reduced rate and are asked to apply through their institutional educational programs.
For more details on the enrollment process visit this page.
Prerequisites for attending this course are a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), and at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- CV (Résumé)
- Scanned copy of passport
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- Dates 15 - 19 March, 2021
- Duration One week
- Location Geneva
- Language English
- CREDITS 1 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1,500
- Application Deadline 2 weeks before the start of the course. For candidates who need a VISA: 6 weeks before the start of the course.