At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Understand the key concepts and basic issues underpinning all forms of sexual violence in conflict and emergency settings
• Conceive an intervention centred on sexual violence victims/survivors’ rights, needs and wishes
• Design activities contributing to sexual violence prevention and risk mitigation
The online course is a combination of online live interactive lectures and self-directed learning.
Around 50 hours of work for the whole course, including:
• Approximately 16 hours of live sessions (2 hours per week during 8 weeks, on Zoom)
• Approximately 3-4 hours of self-study time each week (videos, readings, offline group discussions etc.)
• A 3-5-page essay for the participants who would like to earn the 2 credits ECTS
Structure of the course:
• Core concepts and introduction to a Survivor-Centered Approach
• Ethics and Methods of Data Gathering
• Sexual Violence Against Men and Boys
• Medical Care
• Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
• Access to Justice
• Prevention and Risk Mitigation
- Mid-level and senior managers currently working directly with victims/survivors of sexual violence, or providing technical advice to or supervision of such programmes.
- Other participants with relevant experience and expertise may be accepted if space is available.
- Staff of MSF and ICRC may join for a reduced rate and are asked to apply through their institutional educational programmes.
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Scanned copy of passport
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- Dates 2 March - 27 April 2022
- Duration 8 weeks
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1,500
- Application Deadline 9 February 2022
- If applying for a scholarship Deadline: N/A