At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the phenomenon of sexual violence in conflict and emergencies
- Identify and assess the extent and causes of sexual violence in a specific context; and
- Conceive a programme centred on victims/survivors of sexual violence.
- Core concepts
- Introduction to a Survivor-Centered Approach
- Survivor-centered response
- Medical Care
- Policy and Practice:
- Pregnancy as a Result of Rape
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
- Access to Justice
- Prevention and Mitigation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Proof of English language competence (TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent)
- Passport photo
- Scanned copy of passport
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- Dates 21 October - 9 December, 2020 (15:00 - 16:30 CET)
- Duration Eight weeks (live sessions every Wednesday, 15:00 - 16:30 CET)
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'500
- Application Deadline 14 October, 2020