Our Scholarship Programme
At the Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies we strongly believe in promoting diversity and inclusiveness.
Our scholarship programme remove barriers so that humanitarian professionals from middle- and low-income countries can benefit from our training. Thanks to our scholarships, we have a very diverse mix of students in the classroom to make sure their experience reflects the diversity of their working environments. Such diversity creates a great opportunity to hone negotiation and listening skills, both key to successful project and people management.
Each year, thanks to the financial support of the Service de la solidarité internationale of the Canton of Geneva and the Wilsdorf Foundation, we offer full or partial scholarships for three of our courses:
- Executive Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action (MAS) 60 ECTS
- Executive Diploma of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action (DAS) 30 ECTS
- Humanitarian Distance Learning Certificate of Advanced Studies “Designing Strategies and Projects for Humanitarian Action” (CAS-HDL) 10 ECTS
What we offer
- MAS scholarship: up to CHF 14,000 scholarship to cover course fees and/or full scholarship (CHF 20,000) to cover living expenses in Geneva (excluding visa cost and flights tickets to Geneva).
- DAS scholarship: up to CHF 7,000 to cover course fees
- CAS-HDL scholarship: up to CHF 5,500 to cover course fees
The scholarship doesn’t cover visa costs and flight tickets to Geneva.
(Please note that the deposit is not part of the scholarship and must be paid by the student).
Who can apply
Our scholarships are open only to students who come from and work in one of the ‘least developed’, ‘low income’ and ‘lower middle income’ countries according to the DAC list of ODA Recipients. Please note the 4th column is excluded from applying for grants: upper middle income countries and territories.
Do you want to apply for a scholarship? Remember to check the registration deadlines for each course and the application requirements.
Candidates can apply for a scholarship by filling in the online application form. Please remember tick the button “I would like to apply for a scholarship” that you will find inside the application form of the programme you have selected, and fill in all the financial information required.
All scholarships are allocated and administered by the centre. We expect all students to contribute towards the cost of their education. The scholarship selection committee takes into account individuals’ financial contribution. We therefore strongly advise candidates to look for other financial support options.