Admission criteria for all courses
- An university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English (see below more information about language requirements);
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
To make the process of enrollment as easy as possible, please find below a list of the documents you will need to supply as part of the application process. Remember to check your scholarship eligibility beforehand.
Please make sure you have all your documents ready to upload before you start the application process. Applications sent after the closing date and/or incomplete, will not be considered.
Documents for the Master (MAS), the Diploma (DAS) and Certificate (CAS) courses
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of the certificate for the highest educational qualification obtained.
- Proof of English language competence (TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent), see details at the bottom of the page.
- Copies of work certificates from last two job positions.
- Two recent letters of reccommendation (academic and/or professional).
- A passport photo (.jpg format).
- Scanned copy of passport.
If you wish to apply for a scholarship for our MAS or DAS courses, please remember to tick the button “I would like to apply for a scholarship” that you will find inside the application form of the programme, and fill in all the information requested. More information about our scholarship programme is available here.
Documents for the Executive Short Courses
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Scanned copy of passport
To submit your application please follow the four steps below:
- Fill in the form on the online enrollment platform
- Upload all requested documents (check your scholarship eligibility beforehand)
- Register to the correct programme
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
All classes at the Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies are delivered in English, and all students must have an excellent command of the English language. Students whose mother tongue is not English, who do not have secondary or post-secondary qualifications taught in English or who have not spent a minimum of one year studying full-time at a university level in English (please provide transcripts certifying that courses were delivered in English), must provide a certificate to prove their mastery of English.
Recognised tests and scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language): Internet-test : 100
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) : 7.0
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : B-C
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge): B-C
- Duolingo: 100
Please check our cancellation policy.
If you need more information about the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org