Admission criteria for all courses
In order to be admitted to our courses, you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a Swiss or foreign university
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent command of English (TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, CAE, Duolingo)
Documents required to apply
To make the process of enrollment as easy as possible, please find below a list of the documents you will need to supply as part of your application process. If you want to apply for one of our scholarships, remember to check your scholarship eligibility before you start the application process.
Please make sure you have all your documents ready to upload before you start the application process. Applications sent after the closing date and/or incomplete, will not be considered.
Documents for the Master (MAS), the Diploma (DAS) and Certificate (CAS) courses
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of the certificate for the highest educational qualification obtained.
- Proof of English language competence (TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent); see details at the bottom of the page.
- Copies of work certificates from the last two job positions.
- Two recent letters of recommendation (academic and/or professional).
- A passport photo (.jpg format).
- Scanned copy of passport.
If you wish to apply for a scholarship for our MAS or DAS courses, please remember to tick the button “I would like to apply for a scholarship” that you will find inside the application form of the programme and fill in all the information requested. More information about our scholarship programme is available here.
Documents for the Executive Short Courses
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Scanned copy of passport
To submit your application please follow the four steps below:
- Fill in the form on the online enrollment platform
- Upload all requested documents (check your scholarship eligibility beforehand)
- Register to the correct programme
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail. Please note that the Selection Committee may take up to three weeks to validate an admission request.
All classes at the Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies are delivered in English, and all students must have an excellent command of the English language. Students whose mother tongue is not English, who do not have secondary or post-secondary qualifications taught in English or who have not spent a minimum of one year studying full-time at a university level in English (please provide transcripts certifying that courses were delivered in English), must provide a certificate to prove their mastery of English.
Recognised tests and scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language): Internet-test : 100
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) : 7.0
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : B-C
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge): B-C
- Duolingo: 100.
Pre-requisite for online courses
Our online courses offer a mix of case studies, readings, films, slides, writing and reflection carefully prepared to help you make the most of your time.
You will be able to access everything you need for the course on Moodle, the University of Geneva’s Virtual Learning Environment. Classes meet live via Zoom approximately twice a week. Please make sure you have a good and stable Internet connection, and that you have downloaded the Zoom application on your computer. Try to block off the time for your class somewhere quiet, using headphones if you can to avoid interruption. If you are at work, your employer should be aware that you will follow live classes and only emergencies should prevent you to attend the course. Please note that our online classes are generally recorded, strictly for use by current class participants and instructors.
Before the beginning of your online course, you will receive your login details as well as the access instructions and further documents related to the programme. We strongly recommend starting to connect you to the platform as soon as you receive the instructions.
Please check our cancellation policy.
If you need more information about the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org