Our scholarship programme for the Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action (MAS) aims to provide access to our training for humanitarian professionals by removing barriers. Through these scholarships, we foster a diverse classroom environment that reflects the various working environments our students come from. This diversity creates valuable opportunities to enhance essential skills such as negotiation and listening, which are crucial for successful project and people management.
Each year, we offer full and partial scholarships for our Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) programme, made possible by the financial support of the Service de la solidarité internationale of the State of Geneva and the Fondation Hans Wilsdor.
Our MAS scholarships are open only to citizens from ‘least developed’, ‘low income’ and ‘lower-middle income’ countries, according to the DAC list of ODA Recipients, who work in a country on thr List. (Please note the 4th column of the document is excluded from applying for grants: upper-middle-income countries and territories).
Please note that all scholarships are allocated and administered by the Centre. We expect all students to contribute towards the cost of their education. The scholarship selection committee considers individuals’ financial contributions. Hence, we strongly advise candidates to explore other financial support options.
We provide two scholarship options for our program:
- Full Scholarship: This scholarship covers CHF 13,000 of the tuition fees and also includes living expenses in Geneva. For a duration of either 4 or 7 months, students will receive CHF 2,000 per month.
- Partial Scholarship: This scholarship covers living expenses in Geneva, specifically CHF 2,000 per month. It is available only for Term 1, which covers September to December.
Please note that all scholarship recipients of the MAS program are required to contribute to the tuition fees. The minimum payment required is CHF 2,000, which includes a CHF 1,000 deposit.
- Check your eligibility for a scholarship in ‘Who can apply‘ tab
- Download and fill in the MAS scholarship application form here
- When filling in the form, applicants will have to choose the length of their stay in Geneva:
- Four months (from September to December)
- Seven months (from September to March)
- Prepare all the mandatory documents (see the tab ‘Docs/info to provide‘)
- Go to the application portal of the University of Geneva
- Fill in the online MAS application form
- Tick the box “I would like to apply for a scholarship”
- Submit your application
The Selection Committee will pronounce its decision in March 2024. You will be notified about the result via email.
- CV (Resume)
- Highest educational qualification obtained
- Work certificates/official document from your current and the previous two job positions
- Two recent letters of recommendation (academic and/or professional) signed and with direct mention of the programme of your choice
- Portrait photo (ID format)
- Scanned copy of passport
- Proof of English language competence to be dated less than 2 years (minimum C1 level)
- MAS scholarship application form
The application period for MAS programme scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year is now closed.
The application period for MAS programme scholarships for the 2024-2025 academic year, will be open from 1st October 2023 to 1st February 2024.
☐ I am eligible for the MAS programme
☐ I am aware of the registration deadlines (from the 1st of October 2023 to the 1st of February 2024)
☐ I am a citizen of one of the countries on the DAC List of ODA Recipients (columns 1 – 3 only)
☐ I work in one of the countries on the DAC List of ODA Recipients (columns 1 – 3 only)
☐ I am aware that the scholarship might not cover all the course fees and living expenses. I amprepared to contribute a minimum of CHF 2000 if I am selected as a successful applicant
☐ I have filled in the MAS scholarship application form completely and accurately
☐ I selected the appropriate length of stay in Geneva based on the options provided: 4 or 7 months
If you have successfully checked all the items on the checklist and meet the eligibility criteria, you are ready to proceed with your application. Follow the application process guidelines, submit all the required documents, and make sure to meet the registration deadlines.
Best of luck with your application!