- Introduction to health systems, system thinking, the role of governance, and the Health Systems Assessment tool
- Health service delivery and quality
- Health workforce, health technologies, and health information systems
- Health systems financing
- Presentation of the Health System Assessment using a real-life case study
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
The course is specifically intended for policy makers, UN staff, NGO coordinators and health service managers working in low and middle-income countries affected by humanitarian crises or intending to work in this field in the near future.
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Scanned copy of passport.
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- participants can choose either a residential or online option
- participants inside Europe can choose residential, but they have to follow the sanitary restrictions when they travel to Switzerland (PCR test or quarantine)
- participants outside of Europe need to choose online (no visas are available at the moment)
- Participants should expect approximately four hours of live sessions per day – they will be scheduled between 9am – 4pm Geneva time (the exact schedule will be communicated 10 days before the course)
- All live lecture sessions will bring online and residential participants together (both groups combined)
- Break out groups online (for online students)
- Break out groups face to face (for residential students)
- Other material (videos, readings etc.) available online
- Dates 20 June - 1 July 2022
- Duration Two weeks
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'500
- Application Deadline 29 May 2022
- If applying for a scholarship Deadline: N/A