Programme content and dates
- Initialisation (16-17 September)
- Module 1: Leadership and People Management (18 September – 2 October)
- Module 2: Analysing humanitarian contexts (5-16 October)
- Module 3: Assessing needs and capacities (19-23 October)
- Module 4: Planning projects and their monitoring systems (26-30 October)
- Module 5: Programming resources and implementing interventions (2-13 November)
- Module 6: Safety and Security – Piloting risks (16-20 November)
- Module 7: Monitoring and evaluation (23-26 November)
- Closure and Final assignment (27 November – 4 December)
Around 250 hours of work in total including:
- Distance-learning (online lectures and live sessions)
- Individual and group work
- 5 weeks
- 20 hours workload per week
- Including live sessions (2 hours per day)
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
For more details on the enrollment process visit this page.
- A university qualification following three years of study plus relevant work experience.
English Language Requirements
All classes at CERAH are delivered in English. All students must have an excellent command of English. Students whose mother tongue is not English, who do not have secondary or post-secondary qualifications taught in English or who have not spent a minimum of one year studying full-time at a university level in English (please provide transcripts certifying that courses were delivered in English), must provide a certificate to prove their mastery of English.
Recognised tests and scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language): Internet-test : 100
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) : 7.0
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : B-C
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : B-C
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Selection Committee examines the quality of the application and aims to reach a balance between the numbers of men and women, educational profile and professional experience, geographical distribution and financial contribution. 20 candidates maximum are selected each year.
Documents Required For Your Online Enrollment
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of the certificate for the highest qualification you have obtained
- Two letters of reccommendation
- Evidence of your English language competences (TOEIC / TOEFL or equivalent)
- Copies of work certificates from your last job position
- A passport photo (jpg format)
- A scanned copy of the passport.
To submit your application:
- duly fill in the form on the online enrollment platform
- upload all requested documents
- register to the correct programme
You will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Should you have any question, please contact us at email@example.com
- Dates 16 September - 4 December, 2020
- Duration 11.5 weeks
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 10 ECTS
- Fee CHF 5'000
- Application Deadline 15 August, 2020