At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Critically discuss the concept and dynamics of advocacy within the humanitarian sector
- Explain what are the main components of an advocacy plan
- Analyse an advocacy context and decide on the most appropriate modes of action
Around 50 hours of work for the two weeks, including:
- Approximately 25 hours of face-to-face teaching including reflexive practice on real situations faced by participants, panel with experts, and role-plays.
- Approximately 25 hours of self-paced study time including readings, audio-visual presentations, videos.
Structure of the course
- Concept of advocacy
- Specificities of humanitarian advocacies
- Advocacy contexts
- Advocacy plan
- Advocacy modes of action
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies in humanitarian advocacy.
- Professionals from other sectors (journalism, marketing, PR, policymaking, philanthropy) who wish to increase their understanding of humanitarian advocacy.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a postgraduate course to explore the specificities of advocacy in the humanitarian sector.
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Scanned copy of passport.
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- Dates 4 - 15 July 2022
- Duration Two weeks
- Location Online
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'500
- Application Deadline 13 June 2022
- If applying for a scholarship Deadline: Scholarships are not available for this course.