Learn how to identify the impacts of the current climate-related emergency on health, then focus on adaptation strategies, and specific actions and challenges for humanitarian assistance.
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Scanned copy of passport
- A passport photo (.jpg format).
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.
- participants can choose either a residential or online option
- participants inside Europe can choose residential, but they have to follow the sanitary restrictions when they travel to Switzerland (PCR test or quarantine)
- participants outside of Europe need to choose online (no visas are available at the moment)
- Participants should expect approximately four hours of live sessions per day – they will be scheduled between 9am – 4pm Geneva time (the exact schedule will be communicated 10 days before the course)
- All live lecture sessions will bring online and residential participants together (both groups combined)
- Break out groups online (for online students)
- Break out groups face to face (for residential students)
- Other material (videos, readings etc.) available online
- Dates Autumn 2021 (exact dates to be announced)
- Duration Two weeks
- Location Online or Geneva
- Language English
- CREDITS 2 ECTS
- Fee CHF 1'500
- Application Deadline 2 weeks before the start of the course. For candidates who need a VISA: 6 weeks before the start of the course.